A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"The cumulative effect of these lectures is magnificent and inspiring. Paula Meehan is, by a very, very wide margin, the most important thinking poet of her generation. In a world that has become more hopeless than hopeful, these deeply spiritual essays will be an important dressing-station in our worldwide, darkening battlefield."
—Thomas McCarthy, The Bears and the Bees
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Nobel Prize in Literature:
Bob Dylan honored for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition." (The New York Times)
• Dwight Garner on "Bob Dylan the Writer." (The New York Times)
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Sowing the Wind: A Requiem in the Modern World, Edward Foster (Marsh Hawk Press)
- Fleur-de-Lis, Jennifer Reeser (Saint James Infirmary Books)
- Pleasures of the Game, Austin Allen (The Waywiser Press)
- Downpour, Ruth Valentine (Smokestack Books)
- Bone Fire, Susan Millar DuMars (Salmon Poetry)
- Sleaze & Slander, A. M. Juster (Measure Press)
- Drone, Kim Garcia (The Backwaters Press)
- The Transit of Venus, Susan Firer (The Backwaters RPess)
- In an aviary, Genevieve Kaplan (Grey Book Press)
- Tale of the Whale, Alice Sant'Anna / tr. Tiffany Higgins (Toad Press)
- The Poem Is You: 60 Contemporary American Poems and How to Read Them, Stephen Burt (Belknap Press / Harvard University Press)
- Your Enzymes Are Calling the Ancients, Karen Donovan (Persea Books)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.