Warmest thanks to all who contributed to the support of Poetry Daily during our April fund drive!
To date we've received just a bit over $12,000 toward our 2016 goal of $60,000 from our readers. Thank you again and again!
If April got away from you this year, don't let the calendar hold you back — you can still join our Poetry Month stalwarts with a contribution to help keep us in daily service to you and to poetry. Thank you so much for your support!
With warmest regards,
Don and Diane
A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"In 1965, during the seventy-sixth and final summer of her life, Anna Akhmatova encountered the work of Judith Wright, an Australian poet twenty-six years her junior, living more than eight thousand miles from Saint Petersburg amid the subtropical rainforest of Tamborine Mountain, in the state of Queensland. The experience, we are told by Anatoly Naiman, moved the Russian poet to compose a fragment, one of her last..."—Jaya Savige, 'Creation's Holiday': On Silence and Monsters in Australian Poetry
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Aeneid Book VI: A New Verse Translation, Virgil, tr. Seamus Heaney (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
- Cooking with the Muse: A Sumptuous Gathering of Seasonal Recipes, Culinary Poetry, and Literary Fare, Myra Kornfeld, Stephen Massimilla (Tupelo Press)
- The Math of Gifts, HeidiLynn Nilsson (Slapering Hol Press)
- Lay Me Low, Chris Cheney (421 Atlanta)
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: A New Verse Translation in Modern English, John Ridland (Able Muse Press)
- Transient, Gail Carson Levine (Nightshade Press)
- Life in Suspension / La Vie Suspendue, Hélène Cardona (Salmon Poetry)
- Dreaming My Animal Selves / Le Songe de mes Âmes Animales, Hélène Cardona (Salmon Poetry)
- Favorite Bedtime Stories, John M. Fitzgerald (Salmon Poetry)
- The Mind, John Fitzgerald (Salmon Poetry)
- Creeks of the Upper South, Amy Wright and William Wright (Jacar Press)
- Intimacy, Debra Kaufman, Richard Krawiec, Stephanie Levin, Alan Michael Parker, ed.s (Jacar Press)
- Resisting Arrest: Poems to Stretch the Sky, Tony Medina, ed. (Jacar Press)
- Salute the Wreckage, Clint Margrave (NYQ Books)
- East & West, Piotr Florczyk (Lost Horse Press)
- Popular Music, Kelly Schirmann (Black Ocean)
- Though We Bled Meticulously, Josh Fomon (Black Ocean)
- Call Her by Her Name, Bianca Lynne Spriggs (TriQuarterly Books)
- How to Break My Neck, Jessica L. Walsh (ELJ Editions)
- On Shakespeare's Sonnets: A Poets' Celebration, Hannah Crawforth, Elizabeth Scott-Baumann, ed.s (Bloomsbury)
- Collected Poems: 1958-2015, Clive James (Picador)
- And They Shall Wear Purple: New and Selected Poems, Jean Hollander (Sheep Meadow Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.