A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Thanks to Walter, on a bright spring morning I poured some coffee and headed upstairs to my office to sift through this book’s pages and give Dickinson her due. I had just taken the kids to school and had the house to myself. It was quiet save the occasional chirping from the parakeets downstairs and the clucking of chickens in our backyard. When I opened the book, I scanned a few lines and flipped back to the table of contents, divided into seven sections: Life, Nature, Love, Time and Eternity, The Single Hound, Further Poems, and, finally, Additional Poems. Then, when I gave the book a quick fanning with my thumb, it fell open to page 188, where I discovered something so strange, so startling, that I caught my breath."—Brandon R. Schrand, Finding Emily & Elizabeth
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- The Whole & Rain-domed Universe, Colette Bryce (Picador Poetry)
- The Americans, David Roderick (Pittsburgh University Press)
- Collected Poems (new in paperback), Jack Gilbert (Alfred A. Knopf)
- Ever: Poems 2000-2014, Ralph Adamo (Lavendar InK)
- The Unknowing Muse, Sarah White (Dos Madres Press)
- All Night It Is Morning, Andy Young (Dialogos)
- Millennial Teeth, Dan Albergotti (Southern Illinois Univeristy Press)
- The Hermit's Place, Bernard Quetchenbach (Wild Leaf Press)
- The Chair, Richard Garcia (Boa Editions, Ltd.)
- The Secret of Hoa Sen, Nguyen Phan Que Mai / tr. by Bruce Weigle and Nguyen Phan Que Mai (Boa Editions, Ltd.)
- In a Landscape, John Gallaher (Boa Editions, Ltd.)
- Copia, Erika Meitner (Boa Editions, Ltd.)
- The Body's Physics, Janée J. Baugher (Tebot Bach)
- The Existentialist Cookbook, Shawnte Orion (NYQ Books)
- Paper Cotton Leather, Jenny Sadre-Orafai (Press 53)
- The Little Devil and the Rose: Lotería Poems / El diablito y la rosa: Poemas de la lotería , Viola Canales (Arte Publico Press)
- Dogwatch, R. S. Gwynn (Measure Press)
- Afterimage, Len Krisak (Measure Press)
- A Modern Herbal, Amy Glynn (Measure Press)
- The Small Blades Hurt, Erica Dawson (Measure Press)
- Catma, Gilbert Allen (Measure Press)
- Mimi's Trapeze, J. Allyn Rosser (University of Pittsburgh Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.