A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"I hope... that poems have a kind of resistance: an ability to slough their authors and their authors' small talk as they move forward in time. George Johnston writes that poems aspire to the condition of anonymity. I think that's true."—Amanda Jernigan, Interviewed by Ange Mlinko
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Net Needle, Robert Adamson (Bloodaxe Books / Dufour Editions, Inc.)
- The Verandah Poems, Jean "Binta" Breeze (Bloodaxe Books / Dufour Editions, Inc.)
- Lotus Gatherers, Amali Rodrigo (Bloodaxe Books / Dufour Editions, Inc.)
- Roma, Bernard Saint (Smokestack Books)
- Bed of Impatiens, Katie Hancock (Able Muse Press)
- América invertida: An Anthology of Emerging Uruguayan Poets, Jesse Lee Kercheval, editor (University of New Mexico Press)
- Blindsight, Greg Hewett (Coffee House Press)
- The Persistence of Longing, Lynne Knight (Terrapin Books)
- Uplift, Taylor Graham (Cold River Press)
- Imperfect Tense, Melisa Cahnmann-Taylor (Whitepoint Press)
- Waiting for the Dead to Speak, Brian Fanelli (NYQ Books)
- Slow Startle, Rohan Chhetri (The (Great) Indian Poetry Collective)
- Blue Star, Barbara Presnell (Press 53)
- What My Hand Say, Glenis Redmond (Press 53)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.