A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"I write this at a time when many individuals with many different kinds of lives aspire to be poets, and many different kinds of poetry are said to thrive in these United States. Is it too easy to say that Lowell's star has fallen a bit? Or is it actually that the sense of achievement his work self-consciously carries with it itself carries less credibility than it used to?"—Katie Peterson, Introduction to New Selected Poems by Robert Lowell
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
"Was Ezra Pound mad?"
Craig Raine reviews The Bughouse: The Poetry, Politics and Madness of Ezra Pound, by Daniel Swift. (The Spectator)
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Where Is North, Alison Jarvis (Silverfish Review Press)
- No Way Out But Through, Lynn Sharon Schwartz (University of Pittsburgh Press)
- Self-Portrait as Wikipedia Entry, Dean Rader (Copper Canyon Press)
- Vagrants & Accidentals, Kevin Craft (University of Washington Press)
- The Wake Forest Series of Irish Poetry, Vol. IV, David Wheatley, ed. (Wake Forest University Press)
- The Conference of the Birds, Attar, tr. Sholeh Wolpé (W. W. Norton & Company)
- Magdalene, Marie Howe (W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.)
- A Woman Is a Woman Is a Woman Is a Woman, Chrys Tobey (Steel Toe Books)
- Big Medicine Comes to Erie, D. A. Lockhart (Black Moss Press)
- Duet, Dorianne Laux, Joseph Millar (Jacar Press)
- The Wild Night Dress, Laura McCullough (The University of Arkansas Press)
- The January Children, Safia Elhillo (University of Nebraska Press)
- Do You Expect Your Art to Answer, Laurel S. Peterson (FutureCycle Press)
- In the Shadow of Paradise, Jane Ellen Glasser (FutureCycle Press)
- Dylan Thomas and the Writing Shed, Martin Willits Jr. (FutureCycle Press)
- Breathe In Daisy, Breathe Out Stones, Cindy Rinne (FutureCycle Press)
- The Killing Tree, J. D. Smith (Finishing Line Press)
- Communion of Saints, Susan L. Miller (Paraclete Press)
- A Car Stops and a Door Opens, Christopher Bursk (Cavankerry Press)
- Cold Moons, Magnús Sigurðsson, tr. Meg Matich (Phoneme Media)
- Gnomon, Cynthia Huntington (Jacar Press)
- An Elegy, Benjamin S. Grossberg (Jacar Press)
- Squaring the Circle, Philip Fried (Salmon Poetry)
- Waiting for the Light, Alicia Suskin Ostriker (University of Pittsburgh Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.