Help Us Close Our 2013 Gap!
Our annual goal of $55,000 in individual contributions represents a critical portion of our operating requirements. As of the end of November, we had received about $41,000 in individual contributions.
Please help us make up this $14,000 shortfall! For your year-end tax planning, remember that the Daily Poetry Association (publisher of Poetry Daily) is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and that your contribution is deductible.
We are grateful for your readership, and for your continuing support!
A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Who imagines, at the beginning of a life, fifty years of published work? I have neither fifty years of writing nor fifty years on the planet, so I marvel at Louise Glück's Poems, 1962-2012."
—Joseph Campana, Of Myths and Trees
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD...
"It’s a great deal easier to be a concert violinist than to be a poet."
John Elmes chats with Fiona Sampson, professor of poetry at the University of Roehampton's new Poetry Centre. (Times Higher Education)
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Correspondence, Priscilla Frake (Mutabilis Press)
- Isthmus, Dan Rifenburgh (Mutabilis Press)
- Of: Vol. 1, Ossian Foley (Ugly Duckling Presse)
- Conjuring My Leafy Muse, Mary Meriam (Headmistress Press)
- The Daily Poet: Day-By-Day Prompts For Your Writing Practice, Kelli Russell Agodon and Martha Silano (Two Sylvias Press)
- Our Fear, Michael Autrey (The Cultural Society)
- Boomerangs in the Living Room, Rex Wilder (Red Hen Press)
- Interrogating Water: and other poems, Philip Fried (Salmon Poetry)
- The Dead Eat Everything, Michael Mlekoday (Kent State University Press)
- Pumpkin Chucking, Stephen Scaer (Able Muse Press)
- House Music, Ellen Kaufman (Able Muse Press)
- The Moons of August, Danusha Laméris (Autumn House Press)
- Homeland, LuAnn Keener-Mikenas (Louisiana Literature Press)
- Text(isles), Nancy Kassell (Dos Madres Press)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.