A Poetry Daily Prose Feature:
"Lorca writes, 'Duende is a force not a labor, a struggle not a thought. I heard an old maestro of the guitar say: 'The duende is not in the throat: the duende surges up, inside, from the soles of the feet.' Meaning, it's not a question of skill, but of a style that's truly alive: meaning, it's in the veins; meaning, it's of the most ancient culture of immediate creation.'"—Eric Pankey, Duende and Gravity
Poetry Daily Version 2.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available!
Read the daily poem, save favorites, check news links, and more, even when you're on the go. Visit the iTunes Store to download the app, and let us know what you think!
Now you can follow PD on Twitter!
We'll keep you posted on key features and news as they appear on PD.
"Rabbie Burns reborn"
The Oxford Edition of the Works of Robert Burns, Volume One: Commonplace books, tour journals and miscellaneous prose, edited by Nigel Leask, reviewed by Kathryn Sutherland. (The Times Literary Supplement)
"D. A. Powell's Unruly Elegies"
Christopher Richards on Powell's Repast: Tea, Lunch, and Cocktails. (The New Yorker)
• From Repast "[autumn set us heavily to task: unrooted the dahlias]"
Recently Arrived Titles
These just in... Highlighted titles may be purchased from Poetry Daily / Amazon.com. A complete list of all books and journals recently received at Poetry Daily is also available.
- Hotel Worthy, Valerie Nieman (Press 53)
- Open 24 Hours, Suzanne Lummis (Lynx House Press)
- Half Out Where, Joseph Aguilar (Caketrain)
- Disposable Epics, Thibault Raoult (Caketrain)
- Wild Domestic, Natania Rosenfeld (Sheep Meadow Press)
- Loose Strife, Quan Barry (University of Pittsburgh Press)
- Immigrant Model, Mihaela Moscaliuc (University of Pittsburgh Press)
- Slag, Leslie Anne Mcilroy (Main Street Rag)
- Shook, Julia Paul (Grayson Books)
- Palimpsest, Maxine Silverman (Dos Madres Press)
- Planetary Nights, Jeanne LeVasseur (Word Poetry)
- The Art of Acquiescence, Joseph A. Chelius (Word Poetry)
- Every State Has Its Own Light, Sandra Storey (Word Poetry)
- Divining the Prime Meridian, Carol Smallwood (Word Poetry)
- Unthrifty Loveliness, Christopher Bursk (Word Poetry)
- Girl Who, Allison Wilkins (CW Books)
- Thirty-One Octets: Incantations and Meditations, Steven Wingate (CW Books)
- Interstate, Greg Weiss (CW Books)
- Mrs. Noah Takes the Helm, Elizabeth Schultz (Turning Point)
- The Gatherer, Judith Bowles (Turning Point)
- Thunderbirds, Christine Penko (Turning Point)
- Always, Julia Lisella (WordTech Editions)
- World of Hard Use, Faye George (WordTech Editions)
- Wanderlust, Dawn Schout (WordTech Editions)
- Justice Freedom Herbs, Margaret Rozga (WordTech Editions)
- Open Season, Neva Herrington (David Robert Books)
- Blood to Fruit, Tayve Neese (David Robert Books)
Original articles, interviews, selections from special collections and journal issues, and more are available in the Archives.